Thursday 29 March 2012

Crunch Time


So, this Saturday marks two weeks out until I represent Nutrabolics at the NSABBA provincials in Halifax. Last month I was unsure about doing physique or figure and I finally made the decision to go ahead with physique which I am extremely excited about! Since it is a completely new division it will be interesting to see how it is judged. Women's Physique was supposed to be a division that was in between figure and bodybuilding but it seems figure girls moving up are doing better than bodybuilding girls moving down. In other words looking at the last couple IFBB competitions such as the Desert Muscle Classic the top three seem softer than I thought they would. I would have thought that Dana Linn Baily would have been the criteria for this new division. But either way I guess it depends on who they have to look at on stage, maybe they were sending a message that they don't want the girls to come in too "ripped" or too hard. I'm just going to bring the best package I can and hope for the best !


Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjsgBBLXHZwI9qAv8_Ok4lMVfnXClZqL2mHlQbtKbq5V1stNK_4t2b5q47WAYxmTTQ-XOsR1Uym2PxaS0drA8j253OnoyMfFkV1MUxmG0lSxdJL8WE7je3JCQv0cRr_-P_I5P3CmG-D4NmH/s320/phsyique.jpg

Because I am at the final stages of my contest prep this is when it really helps to have positive and supportive people surrounding me. One negative comment can effect a person more than the 20 positive ones. Overall I have really come to appreciate the people who just take that extra 5 minutes to be supportive and keep me focused, motivated and on track! It means a lot in the long and the short run.

Speaking of being on track, my diet and training is spot on but after so long of eating the same foods you have to sometimes look for ways to add some variety while still eating clean. My favorite meal is my oatmeal and Nutrabolics Isobolic protein. I eat 1/2 cup of oats and 1 scoop of isobolic protein for breakfast every morning and 1/4 cup oats and Isobolic post workout. I always switch between my three favorite flavors (cinnamon oatmeal, chocolate, and banana) but I change the way I eat it as well. My current number one way is: 

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop chocolate Isobolic 
Cinnamon

Put these three simple ingredients into a frying pan for as little as 30 seconds each side and take it out and let cool! Tastes and has the same kind of texture as a spider cookie or a soft chew granola bar. So good and keeps it interesting! 

As I clearly do still have some carbohydrates in my diet, I am really starting to feel low energy and therefore harder to keep my intensity as high during my workouts. I found Nutrabolics Swollen to be a major aid especially lately for increasing my energy and focus in the gym. If any time, now is when I need it most. As I do come into my last final weeks I will also have to start water and carb loading soon, this is where the fun begins. In my next blog I will inform you guys of how I do this and the purpose behind it.

Thanks for reading, you can also check out updated progress by following me on facebook or on Twitter @ __danielleMAC






.

No comments:

Post a Comment